I am a decorative painter.
I have painted for over 23 years. During this time I have learned things like…
- how I prefer to de-stress after a long day at work.
- we all have talents. Talent goes beyond the realm of the arts. A friend of mine once told me, “My talent is appreciating the talent of others.” What a special talent to have! People who have this particular talent are the best supporters for those of us who “have talent.” They believe in us so we can believe in ourselves.
- I actually CAN draw and design!
- I’m not color blind.
- Painting is a great way to meet new friends.
- I enjoy sharing my talent with others. “Sharing” can range from presenting my friends and family with beautiful hand painted treasures, to teaching painting to others.
It is this last discovery that I get a lot of joy from. I have taught on and off over the past 15+ years. I have had some great painting mentors in my life. It has been through them that I have gained a greater appreciation of myself as well as a belief that I do have talents and skills that I never thought I could have.
I have taught some fall/winter classes over the past two months.
Each class has been a blast! Here’s Genie showing off her Christmas banner designed by Tracy Meola…
I love to see the excitement when a new painter realizes that “I painted that! And I can’t wait to show it off to others.” It’s a great feeling! And it was fun to paint. To extend the fun, I have decided to give away the gift bag that I painted while teaching the class. Just email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) your name and contact information. I will be drawing one lucky name on Friday, November 30, 2012 at 6:00 pm PT. Oh, to see the face of your best friend when you give her the gift you so carefully picked out for her “wrapped” in this beautiful bag! Or, maybe you would prefer to use the bag in your Christmas decorating. Oh the possibilities! So, will the lucky winner be you?
(Darn it! When I preview my blog the bag is shown “standing up”, but when it’s published it “falls over”. I guess this is where you come in…. time to use your powerful imagination!)